Re: reset implementation

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: reset implementation
Date: 2012-05-17 15:21:20
Lists: psycopg
On 17/05/12 17:06, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> Hello
>
> psycopg implements the connection.reset() method using the commands
> RESET ALL and SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT.
>
> Reading pgpool2 docs [1], I see that from PG 8.3 "DISCARD ALL" would
> be more appropriate: it is equivalient to RESET ALL and SET SESSION
> AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT plus more [2].

What bothers me is that executes the equivalent of:

UNLISTEN *;

IMHO that's correct for connection.reset() but I don't know how many
people out there are using NOTIFY and .reset() togheter and I don't want
to break their code.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio                  http://dndg.it