Re: Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby)

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, andres(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com, simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com, aakash(dot)bits(at)gmail(dot)com, josh(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby)
Date: 2012-05-03 04:24:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 4/29/12 9:27 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Maybe I can help with that by describing what the Wisconsin court
> system does for circuit court data.

Thanks for the write-up, it was insightful.

One thing I wanted to mention is that non-binary replication has an added advantage over binary from a DR standpoint: if corruption occurs on a master it is more likely to make it into your replicas thanks to full page writes. You might want to consider that depending on how sensitive your data is.
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell)