Re: Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby)

From: Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, andres(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com, simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com, aakash(dot)bits(at)gmail(dot)com, josh(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: xReader, double-effort (was: Temporary tables under hot standby)
Date: 2012-05-03 04:24:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 4/29/12 9:27 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Maybe I can help with that by describing what the Wisconsin court
> system does for circuit court data.

Thanks for the write-up, it was insightful.

One thing I wanted to mention is that non-binary replication has an added advantage over binary from a DR standpoint: if corruption occurs on a master it is more likely to make it into your replicas thanks to full page writes. You might want to consider that depending on how sensitive your data is.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect jim(at)nasby(dot)net
512.569.9461 (cell) http://jim.nasby.net