Re: Strange slowness

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange slowness
Date: 2012-05-01 09:54:20
Lists: psycopg
On 30/04/12 23:29, Russ Neufeld wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm investigating some occasional slowness in our API servers, and I've
> hit upon some strange behavior that I can't explain.  I'm hoping someone
> on this list can help.

Hi Russ,

you may want to configure PostgreSQL to log connections and queries,
with execution times. Then cross-check PostgreSQL, Django and pgbouncer
logs to understand exactly where that 6 seconds are spent. I bet on
pgbouncer connecting to PostgreSQL (SSL?) but we don't have enough data
to do a proper analysis here.

Federico Di Gregorio                         federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio
             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347