Re: default_transaction_isolation = serializable causes crash under Hot Standby

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: default_transaction_isolation = serializable causes crash under Hot Standby
Date: 2012-04-27 17:40:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yeah, it would definitely be nicer if BEGIN; SET TRANSACTION LEVEL
> would work too.  Maybe the place to put the check is where we
> establish the transaction snapshot.

That makes sense, and doesn't seem like it would be hard, from what
I recall of that code.  I know I've fallen down on a couple other
things which I meant to look at lately, but this one should be small
enough to fit in between the brickbats the non-PostgreSQL world has
been throwing at me lately.  I'll take a shot at it sometime today,
although it may be late.

-Kevin