Regression tests for preload extension

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Regression tests for preload extension
Date: 2012-04-25 20:41:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote a little extension to store a few small strings in shared
memory. It seems to be working fine, and now I would like to write
some regression tests; but it's not immediately obvious to me how I
can do that. The approach used by, for example, citext doesn't
work, because I don't see how to set shared_preload_libraries for
the server startup. The existing contrib extensions which preload
either seem to do something ad hoc or skip regression tests
entirely, so I suspect that is my choice; but I figured I should
ask.

-Kevin