"TL;DR:"

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: "TL;DR:"
Date: 2012-04-25 15:30:55
Lists: pgsql-docs
[I had a bit of trouble picking which list to use; I guess Wiki
pages are part of our docs, in a way...]

How do people feel about "TL;DR:" being used at the start of a Wiki
page to which we want to direct users?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

I'll go first -- I hate it.

Every time I bring up the page before referring a user there, I find
that those geeky capital letters in bold screaming at me are
distracting and annoying.  Since Craig obviously doesn't, I didn't
want to just change it without other input.

Personally, I think "keep reading" in bold probably covers it.

-Kevin

pgsql-docs by date