Re: [HACKERS] Namespace of array of user defined types is confused by the parser in insert?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Krzysztof Nienartowicz <krzysztof(dot)nienartowicz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Psql_General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Namespace of array of user defined types is confused by the parser in insert?
Date: 2012-04-24 14:10:24
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 04/24/2012 05:12 AM, Krzysztof Nienartowicz wrote:

> These types are qualified when created - the error does not happen on
> creation - there are two types in two different namespaces - it
> happens only on insert where it is not possible to qualify the type's
> namespace.
> It looks like a bug in the planner to me.

If it is please present a self-contained case demonstrating the bug,
preferably using psql rather than JDBC. Was all this done with the same
user / search path throughout the session (no connection pooling, for
example)? A complete log of the session (with log_statements,
log_connections and log_disconnections all turned on) might also help.

cheers

andrew