Re: PostgreSQL Certified Engineer program ...

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Certified Engineer program ...
Date: 2012-04-17 17:50:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On 04/17/2012 01:02 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I don't think this is a reasonable stance to take in the absence of any
> community-approved certification.  Certifications are a genuine need,
> and if the community isn't going to fullfill them, we should at lease
> encourage vendors to do so.

My point was just that such certifications should be clearly labeled as
being company created.  If you look at the Pearson site where SRA's
tests were offered, they were listed as "PostgreSQL CE (SRA OSS)
Certification Testing".  That was fine.

> Maybe this is a business opportunity for 2Q, eh?

2ndQuadrant will issue certificates for students who successfully
complete the workshop exercise challenges in our training classes.  But
we are very careful to call them 2ndQuadrant PostgreSQL Certificates.