Re: not null validation option in contrib/file_fdw

From: Shigeru HANADA <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: not null validation option in contrib/file_fdw
Date: 2012-04-13 11:21:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2012/04/13 16:59), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> I updated the patch added to CF 2012-Next [1]. Attached is the updated
> version of the patch.

I applied the patch and ran regression tests of file_fdw, and I got
SIGSEGV X-(

The failure occurs in fileGetOptions, and it is caused by
list_delete_cell used in foreach loop; ListCell points delete target has
been free-ed in list_delete_cell, but foreach accesses it to get next
element.

Some of backend functions which use list_delete_cell in loop use "for"
loop instead of foreach, and other functions exit the loop after calling
list_delete_cell. Since we can't stop searching non-COPY options until
meeting the end of the options list, we would need to choose former
("for" loop), or create another list which contains only valid COPY
options and return it via other_options parameter.

Regards,
--
Shigeru HANADA