Re: UPDATE table via ODBC fails.

From: Ken Benson <ken(at)infowerks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UPDATE table via ODBC fails.
Date: 2012-04-12 00:25:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc

UPDATE:

This must have something to do with the multiple table involvement.

I modified my 'insert' command to include the updated field on the
initial insert.

INSERT INTO tmp_rxpurge (rxnum,dt_wrt,dt_lastfill,b_purge)
SELECT "RXNUM","DATE",rf.dt_lastfill,'f'
FROM rx
LEFT JOIN (SELECT "RXNUM" AS rxnum, Max("DATE") as dt_lastfill
FROM transactions GROUP BY "RXNUM")
as rf on rf.rxnum=rx."RXNUM"

Then - created three additional update steps ... they all worked via the
ODBC connector...

1. UPDATE tmp_rxpurge SET dt_lastact=dt_wrt
2. UPDATE tmp_rxpurge SET dt_lastact=dt_lastfill where dt_lastfill IS
NOT NULL and dt_lastfill > dt_lastact
3. UPDATE tmp_rxpurge SET b_purge='t' where dt_lastact < '2010-01-01'

I'm still puzzled why the first method didn't work.

Ken