Re: Discouraging new projects from pgFoundry

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Discouraging new projects from pgFoundry
Date: 2012-04-10 06:41:43
Lists: pgsql-docs
On 09.04.2012 21:23, Thom Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's an extract from our docs: "If you have a PostgreSQL-related
> open source project that you would like to have hosted at PgFoundry,
> please feel free to create a new project there."
>
> Link: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/external-projects.html

Yeah, that needs updating. But I'm not sure what to update it to. I also
note that www.pgfoundry.org has no notice that we're planning to pull
the plug on it.

I've been thinking of migrating pldebugger out of pgfoundry, converting
it to git, and modernizing it by packaging as an extension. What should
I do? I can host the git repository at github or git.postgresql.org, but
what's the best place to get a website, a wiki, and a mailing list these
days? sourceforge?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas