Re: Very basic question from a beginner

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: mauricejea(at)numericable(dot)fr
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Very basic question from a beginner
Date: 2012-04-08 18:17:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On 04/08/2012 07:03 AM, Jean MAURICE wrote:
> HI,
>
> I am very new to PostGreSql and ODBC but an 'expert' in Visual Foxpro. I
> wanted to try VFP as a client of PostGres. My laptop is under W7-64. I
> 'installed' the ODBC driver via Stack Builder. All things seemed to work
> well but nothing appears in th ODBC Sources Manager (I apologize I must
> guess the english names from the french ones ...).
>
> What have I missed ?

In my experience the ODBC driver is found under the Drivers tab in the
ODBC Data Source Administrator. To make it available you create a DSN
under either the User DSN or System DSN tab, where the data source is
available either to the user that created it or to the system,
respectively. This assumes you have the appropriate user privileges. The
DSN creation process allows you to choose the correct driver from those
listed in the Drivers tab.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com