Re: Hello, I am a newbie on Postgres !

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hello, I am a newbie on Postgres !
Date: 2012-04-08 01:15:31
Lists: pgsql-novice
Am 07.04.2012 21:19, schrieb Jean MAURICE:

> My first question is about ODBC : reading the docs and sites, I found
> I need ODBC. I found a place in Windows (data sources) that says :
> ODBC drivers must delivered by the 'database vendor'. Is there a
> standard ODBC driver for 64 bits systems ? If yes where can I download
> it ?

Have you considered to look for it on the PostgreSQL web site?
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/

If you install the PostgreSQL server on your box for playing around
there is a program called stackbuilder that comes up after the main PG
install is finished. With stackbuilder you can add additional packages
among which is the ODBC driver but usually not the most recent version
though.

I'm not quiite sure if you really need the 64bit version of the driver
but it wouldn' hurt, I guess.

BTW there is a specific mailing list for the ODBC driver, too.

regards
a.