Hello, I am a newbie on Postgres !

From: Jean MAURICE <mauricejea(at)numericable(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hello, I am a newbie on Postgres !
Date: 2012-04-07 19:19:39
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello everyone,

my name is Jean. I live in Grenoble a town in France (in Europe). I am 57. My
old computer was under W98 and I have bought a brand new one under W7-64.

I am a fan and I work with Foxpro and VisualFoxpro since 1988. I work as a
freelance and I still have customers under DOS. I also teach Fortran and C in
high tech companies. It's because I work with old version of Fox that my
nickname was given to me on the VFP mailing list as a contraction of Fox and
Fossile !

VFP is an excellent client to SQL databases and I want to learn to use an
'external' database. And if I am supposed to be an expert in SQL, triggers,
stored procedures, .... I know NOTHING about Windows, ODBC, and Postgres. So I
hope I am on the right list !!!

My first question is about ODBC : reading the docs and sites, I found I need
ODBC. I found a place in Windows (data sources) that says : ODBC drivers must
delivered by the 'database vendor'. Is there a standard ODBC driver for 64 bits
systems ? If yes where can I download it ?

best regards
The Foxil

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: AndreasDate: 2012-04-08 01:15:31