Re: custom conflict resolution information request

From: amador alvarez <aalvarez(at)d2(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: custom conflict resolution information request
Date: 2012-04-02 19:58:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
What are you using for replication?

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I set up a master-master asynchronous replication of one database with bucardo 4.4.5 and testing right now 4.99.3.
I know the standard settings when a conflict between same id rows comes up :

source - the rows on the "source" database always "win" (in a conflict, we copy rows from source to target)

target - the rows on the "target" database always win

skip - any conflicted rows are simply not replicated. Not recommended
for most cases.

random - each database has an equal chance of winning each time

latest - the row that was most recently changed wins

abort - the sync is aborted on a conflict You can also provide custom
conflict handlers to allow you to use business logic for better conflict
resolution.

I have not found info or examples about the custom option yet, and still on the search ...

Cheers,

Amador A.