Re: Problems with Binary Replication

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with Binary Replication
Date: 2012-03-31 19:56:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Now I added 1 row on the master.
Before both sequence start values were 403.

After the insert the master shows 404 as expected but the "hot-standby"
shows 436.
In the slaves table there is only the one row more, I just inserted on
the master and it's ID column shows 404.

Lets suppose - and hope - at least the data tables stay in sync.
But with this phenomena I can't trust the system, can I?

and I can't use the hot-standy to pull the backups from there to lighten
the load of the master. :(