Re: BUG #6556: earthdistance module has lacking documentation

From: Kasper Sandberg <kontakt(at)sandberg-consult(dot)dk>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6556: earthdistance module has lacking documentation
Date: 2012-03-28 23:36:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Yeah I will try provide a patch.

I am not entirely certain how the wording should be, but I only
understood that the cube based aproach is by default in meters after
testing it out, though now of course it occurs to me that of course it
is, given the math involved and that earth() is in meters, but i still
feel that it should be pointed out that the cube based functions will,
by default, due to earth() using meters, be in meters.

I will sleep on it a day or two and suggest a patch.

--
Kasper Sandberg
Sandberg Enterprises