Re: Limit the normal user to see system catalog or not??? And create privilege???

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Limit the normal user to see system catalog or not??? And create privilege???
Date: 2012-03-28 20:54:58
Lists: pgsql-general
On 03/28/2012 09:54 AM, leaf_yxj wrote:
> For oracle, the normal user can't see all the system catalog. but for
> postgresql, it looks like all the user can see the system catalog.  Should
> we limit the user read privilege to system catalog?
>
> In oracle, the system privilege has create table, create view,create
> function.  For postgresql database, how to control the user who only can
> create table but can't create view. Based on the test I did, once the user
> has the create privilege on the schema, the user will have any create
> privilege on that schema. In postgresql, Rule is used to control that ???
> very confused!

Path to unconfusion:):
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-grant.html

You can grant CREATE on a schema and then restrict CREATE within the
schema for different objects types. In recent versions you are looking
for ALL * IN SCHEMA schema_name where * is the object type.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com