Re: Updating Freshmeat & Sourceforge?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updating Freshmeat & Sourceforge?
Date: 2012-03-23 17:12:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 09/09/2011 06:04 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Bruce,
>>
>>> I suggest we just point them to our URLs. We have enough to do and have
>>> years of this not being done promptly.
>>
>> Freshmeat/Sourceforge are self-service. There is no "them" to point.
>>
>> Also, they've been maintained until whenever Jonathan got bored,
>> sometime this year.
>
> That doesn't match my memory, but I won't destroy your fantasy.

Well, without stomping on toes, over the last two years or so it has
been relatively maintained. I won't say on the spot but better than it
was previous to that.

It seems to me that the solution is to make updating Freecode (freshmeat
doesn't exist anymore) and sourceforge should be part of the committers
job as part of the release process.

I mean, someone has to update the front page of the website, they should
also update those two sites as well or at least have someone step up
during packaging to do so.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579