Re: Mail.postgresql.org is on the fritz

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mail.postgresql.org is on the fritz
Date: 2012-03-20 21:11:24
Lists: pgsql-www
> 1. if you telnet to port 25, what do you get?  This would only apply to
> remote (non-webmail) connections, but more and more ISPs have been
> blocking port 25 ... if you can't telnet to port 25, try port 587 (smtp
> submission port), which is also enabled / running ...

This has broken so many times that I've given up on it; I just use a
3rd-party SMTP server.  It'll work for a month, then break again.  I
only mentioned it because it might be related to the other failures.
FWIW, the problem seems to be authentication.  The mailserver is
answering, but always fails authentication.

> 2. have to test this one later tonight ...
>
> 3. try now, just restarted the imap server ... not expecting it to fix
> it, honestly, but if not, then I'll run through some tests on my account
> and make sure its working ...

Looks like you fixed sending mail.  Sent without error from webmail, and
received.  Thanks!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.