Re: MoveToInsertRow on a table without a primary key

From: Andrew Hastie <andrew(at)ahastie(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MoveToInsertRow on a table without a primary key
Date: 2012-03-14 14:46:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Not sure if this helps but:-
   1. Examination of the JBC4 spec makes no mention of a PK being a
pre-requisite for an updatable ResultSet. It implies "cursors" or
similar are employed.
   2. MS SQLServer 2008 and IBM DB2 for Linux/Unix/Windows also have a
similar restriction.

Anyway, a table with no PK is bad design of your database tables anyway ;-)

Andrew