Re: MS Access hangs upon data import

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jason(dot)tuttle(at)usbank(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Access hangs upon data import
Date: 2012-03-13 19:43:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 03/13/2012 12:37 PM, jason(dot)tuttle(at)usbank(dot)com wrote:
> I'm selecting import - and Access freezes during the table import (after
> selecting the table).
>
> I tried "linking" and records are populating when I double click. But it
> doesn't populate the whole table. I have to keep scrolling down to get
> the records to continue to populate - that's not going to work.

When the table is linked the records are all there, it just pulls over
what it needs to display. If you want it to pull over everything click
on the last record arrow. You will see the record counter increment to
the full record count. The caveat is that means you are dumping the
whole table on the client which is probably not what you want. You have
to think of linked tables as remote tables, something you pull from as
needed. If you create forms/reports/queries against they will work by
pulling what you ask for.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com