Re: MS Access hangs upon data import

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <jason(dot)tuttle(at)usbank(dot)com>
Subject: Re: MS Access hangs upon data import
Date: 2012-03-13 19:51:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have used access and postgresql together for about 12 years and I can report that some things in access work better than others, even if they appear to be doing the same thing.

So try this:
first link to the table you want to import.
next create a 'make table' query of the linked table.
run the make table query to create a local copy of the table.

Success????

>>> <jason(dot)tuttle(at)usbank(dot)com> 03/13/2012 11:06 AM >>>
postgres db version: 8.3
driver version: 09 00 0200
MS Access: Office 2003
workstation: winXP

I am trying to import a large table to MS Access. After selecting the table, and then ok, the import starts. It hangs after the status bar gets to full (100%).

I am able to import smaller tables successfully.

I have searched the web and found nothing on this.

Jason Tuttle
US Bank Voice Engineering *Call Center Applications
612.492.2883

U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations
Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.