When to choose putting logic into PL/pgSQL and when to use an app server

From: Frank Lanitz <frank(at)frank(dot)uvena(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: When to choose putting logic into PL/pgSQL and when to use an app server
Date: 2012-03-10 13:20:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi folks,

I started to get into PL/pgSQL a bit as I'm started to work at an
application where I might can make usage of it. But I'm not sure even
those I read a bunch of documentation where is it useful to put logic
into database server and when I shall do the computing inside an
application layer... Does anyone of you have some kind of rule of a
thumb about that?

Cheers,
Frank