Defining local IP address when opening connections to database

From: Michael Bauland <Michael(dot)Bauland(at)knipp(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Defining local IP address when opening connections to database
Date: 2012-03-07 16:20:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I've got a problem when using the PostgreSQL JDBC driver to open a
connection to a database (not using SSL). The server on which I'm using
the driver has several IPs configured, but I would like to use a certain
IP (since only for that IP the firewalls have been set-up to allow the
connection to the database). Looking at the documentation I couldn't
find a way to define this local IP.
Have I missed something? If not, would it be possible to add this
feature of defining the local IP when setting up a connection?

Cheers,

Michael