Re: archive_cleanup_command recovery.conf Standby server error

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: chinnaobi <chinnaobi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: archive_cleanup_command recovery.conf Standby server error
Date: 2012-02-29 16:46:35
Lists: pgsql-general
On 02/29/2012 04:40 AM, chinnaobi wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
> The pg_archivecleanup.exe is already installed with postgresql 9.1, it is
> under bin folder. I tried manually to run the command pg_archivecleanup.exe
> \\\\\\DB_Stream_Share\\ %r -- it didnt recognize the path

When using pg_archivecleanup from the command line %r is not used.

See below for more information:

> pg_archivecleanup.exe \\\DB_Stream_Share\ %r --it didnt recognize
> the path

What was the exact error message?

> I gave this path directly in the recovery.conf yet the same, there is
> something missing ..
> What is that ? please help me around this ..

I don't use Postgres on Windows so I am going to be of limited use here.
If it me though I would investigate/do the following:

1) Does the user you are running pg_archivecleanup as have rights to the
WAL archive directory?

2) Copy the archived WAL files to another less convoluted path and see
if it is a path problem.