Re: Auto vacuum

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Robert Treat <robert(at)omniti(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Auto vacuum
Date: 2007-04-19 21:25:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm not sure if we've done a reload. I'm in an academic environment
and our department is in a state of flux right now. I'm in the
process of trying to get up to speed on postgreSQL as fast as I can.
Here is the result set from that query.

select * from pg_settings where name = 'autovacuum';
name | setting | unit | category |
short_desc |
extra_desc | context | vartype | source | min_val | max_val
autovacuum | on | | Autovacuum | Starts the autovacuum
subprocess. |
| sighup | bool | configuration file | |
(1 row)

Thank you,

Carol