Re: Syntax got translated

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Syntax got translated
Date: 2012-02-20 20:47:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Am 20.02.2012 21:22, schrieb Guillaume Lelarge:

> I don't see why the modifiers shouldn't be translatable. It's not as if
> they were intended to be copied and pasted in a query. They are here to
> help the user understand the different modifiers in each column.

Of course they are intended to get copied and pasted. In support you
often ask
for output from \d tablename. And when I look to the languages that I
never learned,
especially when I look into Turkish - I would read NULL and not would
estimate column is
not NULL.

Default and not null are keywords - they are valid sql syntax.
They are constraint definitions.

When I output the table definition I want the constraint definition - I
don't want to translate it
back to english to understand - ahhhh default is meant.

Susanne

--
Dipl. Inf. Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com