Re: xlog location arithmetic

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: xlog location arithmetic
Date: 2012-02-09 22:00:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 08-02-2012 09:35, Fujii Masao wrote:

Fujii, new patch attached. Thanks for your tests.

> But another problem happened. When I changed pg_proc.h so that the unused
> OID was assigned to pg_xlog_location_diff(), and executed the above again,
> I encountered the segmentation fault:

I reproduced the problems in my old 32-bit laptop. I fixed it casting to
int64. I also updated the duplicated OID.

> Why OID needs to be reassigned?

There isn't a compelling reason. It is just a way to say: "hey, it is another
function with the same old name".

I'll not attach another version for pg_size_pretty because it is a matter of
updating a duplicated OID.

--
   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/