Pgadmin3 : Opensuse 11.4 to 12.1 upgrade

From: Colin Beckingham <colbec(at)start(dot)ca>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pgadmin3 : Opensuse 11.4 to 12.1 upgrade
Date: 2012-02-02 20:11:59
Lists: pgadmin-support

NTF just in case it might be of use to others:
Today I upgraded my Opensuse from 11.4 to 12.1.
This updates my 9.0 Postgresql to 9.1.1.

With this different version plus the new compiler I had to recompile my
pgadmin3. I am using the dev version from git. Previously in 11.4 I had
no problem compiling using the wx widgets container version. However on
configure under this new setup, configure could not find wxwidgets devel
package any more. I went into yast, found that I had to install another
package of wxwidgets container devel which pulled in a bunch more
packages I had not needed before and then recompile went through no problem.

Second issue was my fault, setting up the 9.1.1 was fine except I could
not log in on localhost with pgadmin3. I kept getting a message about it
not accepting "ident" authentication even though I had my ip v4 stuff
set to trust. Then I found that it was using the ip v6 line to
authenticate. Once that also was changed to trust it all works again.
--
---
Colin Beckingham