Re: Slogans for 9.2

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slogans for 9.2
Date: 2012-02-01 10:23:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Am 31.01.2012 19:08, schrieb Josh Berkus:
> I like the Fast & Powerful, though -- it goes with the iconography I
> have in mind for the image.

It isn't that I don't like it.

Unfortunately, so many cleaning powder vendors use the word "powerful"
in their marketing that
I always fist think to cleaning powders when I hear it.

On the other hand - when I hear "Fast && Powerful" I immediately think
to this almost speed of
sound fast BMW motorcycle. We often say here it is a bike for suicide
junkies.
Ppl who buy it want to get the adrenalin kick.

Shouldn't people who use PostgreSQL get an adrenalin kick too? - I think
yes.

When you get it done by layout / images / fonts with speed stripes -
that it looks like getting an
adrenalin kick - then Fast & Powerful is excellent.

Susanne

--
Dipl. Inf. Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Servicesmos