Fundraising at SCALE report

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fundraising at SCALE report
Date: 2012-01-31 03:21:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Joe, all,

At SCALE we solicited donations of $5 for tshirts, $1 for pins and $10
for posters (and $20 for all 3 in a PG tote bag).  This was surprisingly
successful, bringing in $241.

I think that asking $5 for shirts in the future is better than asking
$15; people were happy to give us $5.  While $5 is below our cost, I
think it's also better than giving the shirts away for free -- when we
do that, many of them end up at Goodwill or in the dumpster.

Since the shirts and posters were paid out of SPI funds, rather than
pg.US, I think it makes sense to donate that money to pg.US.  I'm
combining it with an earlier $70 raised at an SFPUG meeting using the
posters.

--Josh Berkus

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Chris TraversDate: 2012-01-31 04:20:00