Re: Planet posting policy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Planet posting policy
Date: 2012-01-30 19:37:24
Lists: pgsql-www
On 01/30/2012 10:05 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Magnus,
>
>> Did you read the example? It *was* basically a press release...
>
> Not from my perspective.  Dave's post tells me in factual language
> exactly what the features of PEM are (or are intended to be), sufficient
> to let me know if I should investigate PEM for my customers and PUG or
> not.
>
> And if you compare it to the EDB press release on the same topic, you'll
> note some dramatic content and style differences.  Based on the EDB
> press release, I'd dismissed PEM as yet more EDB vaporware until I got
> to pgOpen.

I have to say I am with JoshB on this one. I want to know *all* about
PostgreSQL. I want Greenplum, VMWare, EDB Advanced Server and .Org
represented because they all directly apply to what I do for a living. I
want to know about all the tools and all the options available to me.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579