Re: Windows x86-64 One-Click Install (9.1.2-1, 9.0.6-1) hangs on "initialising the database cluster" (with work-around)

From: Eric Borts <eborts(at)bltek(dot)com>
To: Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra(dot)goyal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows x86-64 One-Click Install (9.1.2-1, 9.0.6-1) hangs on "initialising the database cluster" (with work-around)
Date: 2012-01-27 20:47:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

The installation now runs successfully after deleting that registry key.

In addition, I tried changing the default action on batch files from
"Open" to "Edit" using the registry (Windows 7). Double-clicking a file
opens it in Notepad, but the installation runs successfully. So it looks
like the UserChoice registry key, however it got there, is the essence
of the problem.

Which, of course, %COMSPEC% /c would avoid because the program handling
batch files is explicit.

Thanks,
Eric