Re: Windows x86-64 One-Click Install (9.1.2-1, 9.0.6-1) hangs on "initialising the database cluster" (with work-around)

From: Eric Borts <eborts(at)bltek(dot)com>
To: Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra(dot)goyal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows x86-64 One-Click Install (9.1.2-1, 9.0.6-1) hangs on "initialising the database cluster" (with work-around)
Date: 2012-01-27 20:16:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I found the problem with my computer here
<http://help.lockergnome.com/windows/BAT-File-Association-Broken--ftopict514456.html>.
It turns out this registry entry was causing my problem:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.bat
     \UserChoice
         Progid REG_SZ (Applications\cmd.exe)

Deleting the \UserChoice key restored my context menu and ability to run
a ".bat" directly instead of using %COMSPEC%.

I am going to un-install an re-install postgres to verify that this
solves my installation issues.

Eric