Re: LA Area Users Group

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LA Area Users Group
Date: 2012-01-25 22:54:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Edward,

> I have been trying to find a Postgres Users Group in the LA area for a
> while and all I can find is pointers to something that has gone dark.

Yes, the pugs.postgresql.org site died due to maintenance issues.

> I've decided to start my own PUG in the San Fernando Valley (North side of
> the LA area).  I could use some help.  I want to hold the meetings at the
> Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society (LASFS) clubhouse in Van Nuys but I
> need to clear it with the board of directors first.

So, presumably you'll need:

1) access to the LAPUG mailing list (you can try subscribing now):
	http://archives.postgresql.org/lapug/

2) A Meetup account?

3) Funds for refreshments for the first meeting.

We're talking about what will replace pugs.postgresql.org on the
website, but there's nothing available yet.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.