Java 1.4

From: John Lister <john(dot)lister-ps(at)kickstone(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Java 1.4
Date: 2012-01-21 22:26:40
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I noted from the recent NIO thread that support for Java 1.4 was
checked. I know from previous discussion that this has been brought up,
but was wondering if there was a reason for still supporting 1.4? I
therefore wondered if it is still worth while supporting something
released nearly 10 years ago and nearly 8 years since its last update
and not freeze a version for that release (except maybe security related
updates). Similarly would it be wise to freeze the jdbc 2 & 3 updates as
well since they require Java 1.4 and concentrate on jdbc 4 support and
maybe Java 1.5 (or even 1.6) and the additional features?

With that, I'll leave it open to the floor to discuss...

Thanks

John

--
www.pricegoblin.co.uk

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Dave CramerDate: 2012-01-22 11:57:19