Re: Unable to Connect to server

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "LALIT KUMAR" <lalit(dot)jss(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unable to Connect to server
Date: 2012-01-20 15:38:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
LALIT KUMAR <lalit(dot)jss(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I am running postgres on my local machine with pgadmin3.
>
> It was working fine till yesterday.
>
> Today when I tried to connect  to server it asked for password
> which I usually won't and  gave the message
>
> "Could not connect to server :  connection refused. Is the server
> running on local host and accepting connection on port 5432."

What is the answer to the question posed in the message above?

You might also want to check whether there was any change to the
pgadmin definition of the database you're trying to access or to the
pgpass file in your home directory.

More detail might also help.  For ideas on what to include, please
review this page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin