Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-15 08:37:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 01/15/2012 03:17 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> And FWIW, I'd find it a lot more useful for the CF app to have the
> ability to post *reviews* in it, that would end up being properly
> threaded.

Next you'll be saying we should have some sort of web application to
help with the whole review process, show the work on an integrated sort
of Review Board or something.  What crazy talk.

My contribution toward patch review ease for this week is that peg is
quite a bit smarter about referring to the correct part of the origin
git repo now, when you've been working on a branch for a while then
create a new one:  https://github.com/gregs1104/peg

Last week's was that I confirmed that on a Mac using Homebrew for
package management, after "brew install postgresql" to get the
dependencies in, you can then use peg to setup a PostgreSQL in your home
directory for patch testing or development.  Works fine out of the box,
you just won't have things like all the PLs installed.

Yes, I am aware I'm going at this bottom-up.