Discovering the most searched values for a field

From: alexandre - aldeia digital <adaldeia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Discovering the most searched values for a field
Date: 2012-01-13 18:08:59
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

Is there a simple way (or a tool) to discover the most searched values
in a field from a table ?

In the pg_stats, I can see the most common values generated by ANALYZE,
but I want to know how many queries are using this values. With this
information and the other statistics, I want to create partial indexes
or use table partitioning to create some benchmarks to speed up the
database access.

Best regards.