Re: Remembering bug #6123

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remembering bug #6123
Date: 2012-01-12 23:29:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hmm, I would think you'd get assertion failures from calling
> HeapTupleHeaderGetCmax when xmax isn't the current transaction.
> (But I'm not sure that the regression tests really exercise such
> cases ... did you try the isolation tests with this?) I was
> thinking we should probably define the cmax as being returned only
> in SelfUpdated cases.

You were right. One of the isolation tests failed an assertion;
things pass with the attached change, setting the cmax
conditionally. Some comments updated. I hope this is helpful. I
can't take more time right now, because we're getting major snowfall
and I've got to leave now to get home safely.

-Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
bug6123-v6.patch text/plain 24.3 KB