Re: pgsphere

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsphere
Date: 2012-01-10 21:46:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/10/12 9:54 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Speaking with my pgfoundry admin hat on, I am extremely reluctant to
> take control of a project away from its owners. If you don't get any
> action in a week or so, you can approach the pgfoundry admins for help.
> In the meantime you might want to fork the code onto github or bitbucket.

Man, the pgfoundry admin hat has to be one of the least collectible ones
around. Not exactly a lot of demand for them, and everyone who has one
would happily give theirs away.

I don't want to drag this off-topic thread on, but it's worth mentioning
that http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Project_Hosting has started a small
migration guide of sorts for where else you might host this sort of
project at. It's not necessarily obvious what pgfoundry provides
relative to other sites, or what the trade-offs in the other
possibilities are.