Re: Nominations, and reasons

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nominations, and reasons
Date: 2012-01-10 16:03:40
Lists: pgeu-general
On 10/01/2012 16:46, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> The mail I sent yesterday says clearly that you can nominate yourself.
> But you need someone to second your nomination.
>
> Copy/paste:
> For a member to be a candidate in the elections, he/she must be
> nominated by one member and seconded by at least one other. It is
> possible to nominate yourself.

Yes, that is precisely what I was referring to. It'd be advisable that
the first nomination comes from the nominee him/herself. Than someone
else would eventually second it.

Much easier than nominating someone who's not going to accept or having
to privately check before sending out a nomination.

my €0.2 ;)

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati