Re: Nominations, and reasons

From: Patryk Kordylewski <pk(at)fooby(dot)de>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nominations, and reasons
Date: 2012-01-10 15:53:25
Lists: pgeu-general
On 10.01.2012 16:46, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 15:40 +0000, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> On 10 January 2012 15:36, Matteo Beccati<php(at)beccati(dot)com>  wrote:
>>> Instead that having a number of people reach them out privately and then
>>> send a public email, wouldn't be more practical for anyone interested to
>>> step up and nominate themselves?
>>
>> +1
>>

> The mail I sent yesterday says clearly that you can nominate yourself.
> But you need someone to second your nomination.
>
> Copy/paste:
> For a member to be a candidate in the elections, he/she must be
> nominated by one member and seconded by at least one other. It is
> possible to nominate yourself.

And the candidate must be a member of PG.EU, right? Where did you
copy/paste this from, i don't find it on the website, just:

"In order to be elected, a candidate must be nominated during the
nomination period. Any member can nominate any number of other members,
including him or herself. This nomination must be seconded by one other
member. The nominee must also accept this nomination before the
nomination period has expired."

@ http://www.postgresql.eu/about/elections/

Best regards,
Patryk