Re: Nominations, and reasons

From: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nominations, and reasons
Date: 2012-01-10 15:36:33
Lists: pgeu-general
On 10/01/2012 13:42, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 12:34:15PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> 2012/1/10 Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>:
>>>
>>> Did I miss something or was there no mention of which positions were
>>> opened?  (I may not have been paying enough attention)  I've only been
>>> able to infer this by the current nominations.
>>
>> Yeah, that wasn't included in the most recent messages. For reference,
>> stepping down this year (but eligible to stand again) are:
>>
>> Andreas Scherbaum
>> Dave Page
>> Guillaume Lelarge
>
> The board does not open specific positions. Once a new board is elected,
> the board members discuss the positions.

Hmm, there are people who I met and I trust (e.g. Gabriele Bartolini,
Simon Riggs come to mind now) that haven't been nominated yet, but I
don't actually know if they would be fine with it.

Instead that having a number of people reach them out privately and then
send a public email, wouldn't be more practical for anyone interested to
step up and nominate themselves?

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati