Use lo_creat() when possible instead of lo_create()

From: Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani(at)poisson(dot)phc(dot)unipi(dot)it>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Use lo_creat() when possible instead of lo_create()
Date: 2012-01-10 08:51:51
Lists: psycopg

I just created a ticket against psycopg2, and Daniele asked me to bring
the issue on the list to open it to a wider audience. The ticket is here:

For your convenience, I copy the description here:

I'm using psycopg2 against a PostgreSQL database replicated using
pgpool-II. On this database I also need large objects support.
Apparently pgpool-II is able to correctly handle lo_creat() calls, but
not lo_create() (see

Unfortunately, psycopg2 only create large objects with lo_create(), even
when no new_oid is specified. Could you please consider applying the
attached patch, that modifies this behaviour?

Please, Cc: me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks, Giovanni.
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani(at)poisson(dot)phc(dot)unipi(dot)it>
Pisa, Italy

Jabber: g(dot)mascellani(at)jabber(dot)org / giovanni(at)elabor(dot)homelinux(dot)org

psycopg by date

Next:From: Federico Di GregorioDate: 2012-01-10 10:06:34