Re: Storing file in postgresql and accessing them with psycopg

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
To: Ottavio Campana <ottavio(at)campana(dot)vi(dot)it>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Storing file in postgresql and accessing them with psycopg
Date: 2012-01-05 10:40:23
Lists: psycopg

On 05/01/12 11:29, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> I've been looking online about how to do it, and I've seen that there are
> two ways, i.e. with bytea and oid. Particularly I found this page
> http://www.zephid.dk/2008/08/09/oid-vs-bytea-in-postgresql/ , it's about
> php but it can give a few hints, even though it's more than three years
> old.

I'd like to see such a test done in Python using psycopg. From the text
one doesn't understand if the overhead is due to PostgreSQL or the PHP
driver. LOBs are nice because they have file-like semantics so probably
have a less overhead for large files but I don't see why small files
should have such an high impact on bytea.

federico