Data Science at MailChimp

From: Joe Uhl <joeuhl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: atlpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data Science at MailChimp
Date: 2011-12-28 14:36:08
Lists: atlpug

In case someone subscribed to this list is interested, we are looking
for someone to help with the Email Genome Project at MailChimp:

http://emailgenome.org/
http://blog.mailchimp.com/fun-with-data-science/

It's a genuinely interesting and broad project. The core is currently
PostgreSQL and Redis supporting data science/math guys and our main
applications with many terabytes of data and many billions of records.

We're looking for a developer/database/server person that could work
full time on the technical implementation of the project. A developer
that is really interested in working with large datasets would be
ideal. This is a full-time position and we'll consider any level of
experience if the interest in data wrangling is there, you would be
working with engineers that could bring you up to speed.

If any questions or interest feel free to email me directly or forward
this along to anyone else you may know.

Joe Uhl