Error while loading sql file

From: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error while loading sql file
Date: 2011-12-26 07:22:58
Lists: pgsql-general
Dear all,

I am facing a unique issue when I try to load an sql into a postgresql
database :-

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe32720
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe32720
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block

 I faced an issue some days ago & I solved the issue by the below command :

( http://blog.e-shell.org/134 )

ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xf36e2020
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".

*cat backup.sql | recode iso-8859-1..u8 > backup.sql*

But this time the byte sequence changes to Japanese , & I fail to solve
the issue. Please let me know how to solve the issue as typing the error
in Google shows only one link:

Thanks

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Alban HertroysDate: 2011-12-26 12:18:23