Re: Links to binaries in news item

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Links to binaries in news item
Date: 2011-12-05 15:58:15
Lists: pgsql-www

On 12/5/11 6:17 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> I noticed that we have a link to "Binary Packages" in the news item, but
> it only points to Solaris packages. As you know, we are no longer
> uploading RPMs to FTP site.
>
> So, given that we already give link to main download area, we can either
> remove that link, or add "Linux packages:" or such link, so
> that .rpm, .deb and other users can go to the right page.
>
> What do you think?

I think you're right, we should probably change the list of links we
supply. However, give our current directory structure, I'm at a loss on
how to supply a set of links which shows all the platforms we support
without it being more than a 6-item list. Thoughts?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.